It’s blueberry season up here in the northland!
My kids picked a whopping bucketful on the rocky, pine-needly islands of Lake Vermilion last week.
The wild ones are so small, so pretty, and so yummy!
Even if you just buy them in plastic containers from the grocery store,
there is something so mid-summer-glorious about fresh blueberries.
My advice is:
bake some delicious blueberry muffins,
grab a blueberry storybook,
and enjoy a purple-smeared snuggle with the child of your choice 🙂
Brilliant Blueberry Muffins… from Orange Marmalade
1/2 cup quick oats
1/2 cup orange juice
3/4 cup white flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup sugar
1-1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup oil
1 beaten egg
1 cup fresh blueberries
2 Tbsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1. Mix oats and orange juice together in a small bowl and set aside to soften.
2. Stir together all dry ingredients. Then add oil, egg, and oat mixture and stir gently to mix.
3. Preheat oven to 400°. Grease 12 muffin cups or line with cupcake liners.
4. Stir 2 Tbsp. sugar and the cinnamon together in small bowl.
5. Finally, add the blueberries to the batter and gently combine. Fill muffin tins with batter. Sprinkle tops with cinnamon-sugar mixture.
6. Bake 18-22 minutes until tops don’t dimple when lightly touched.
Now, here’s a few blueberry-titles to check out: